Astero WordPress Plugin utilizes Ajax technology and local caching for fast loading of weather forecasts that supports a fixed location or user geolocation.
Create stunning weather widgets with animated backgrounds, custom images or a clean and minimalist look easily with the shortcode builder. Astero scripts and styles are loaded conditionally to minimize HTTP requests, and Html5 caching is enabled to increase loading speed and avoid API call limits.
Astero WordPress Plugin Features
- Open Weather Map API or Forecast.io API
- Default Location or Html5 Geolocation with GeoIP Fallback
- Local Cache for 1 Hour
- IP Detection Only avoiding user Geolocation prompt
- Fully Responsive Layout
- CSS3 Animations and Transitions for Better Mobile Performance
- Supports Multiple Weather Displays on the Same Page
- Responsive Elements: Full Forecast Layout Displays Content According to Element Size
- Optional User Search Function by city name or zip code with a choice of units
- Supports WordPress Multisite.